May and June in Indianapolis can certainly charm with the beauty of blooming trees, flowers and lots of fragrance in the air. Let’s hope that we will be able to enjoy them at least a little bit this year.
May and June in Indianapolis
Transition from spring to summer is a fabulous time. It’s that part of the year when you can spend a day in Military Park lying down on the grass and meditating, all the while absorbing that extra vitamin D we all need.
This is also a perfect time for hosting friends at your patio barbeque party. If that’s the case, start with corn sausages and small hot dogs or grilled cheese with cranberry jam – either is a great choice and will taste delicious! Although if you are after a fancier experience, go with a cheese platter, fresh bread and a bottle of wine or two. It can’t get any more French than this!
Barbeque lovers can indulge into the incredible taste of chicken barbeque with grilled vegetables or honey-glazed pork ribs.
Yes, trying a new recipe is a little risky if you host plenty of people, but at the same time it is extremely rewarding. Experiment with new herbs, adding them to your marinade. Serving meat with barbeque, tomato or bolognaise sauce is an all-time winner.
The best part is the dessert! Everyone likes to be treated with a good dessert. And one of the terrific options you can try is a fruit platter. Old traditional ambrosia or honey-poppy seeds syrup with fruits are just magnificent. And when you make your fruit platter, presentation is both important and easy. In only 20 minutes you can make a fabulous impression on your invitees that will last for decades!
Enjoy yourself while cooking amazing and delicious dishes and check out exclusive healthy recipes on HelenaRecipes.com. Bon appétit!
Stunning Fruit Platter
- 3 kiwi fruits
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 orange
- 2 mandarins
- 1/2 mango
- ½ handful raspberries
- 7 apricots
- 1 green apple
- 1 banana
- Wash all fruits.
- Peel grapefruit, mandarins and oranges. Cut them into nice thin slices.
- Then slice green apple, kiwi and banana.
- Cut mango into pieces.
- Split apricots into halves.
- Grab a big plate or wooden board and put the fruits on it. Then add raspberries.The fruit salad is ready to be served.
Grilled Chicken and Vegetables
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tsp. red paprika
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- ½ tsp. chili pepper
- 2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbs. sunflower oil
- Wash and clean chicken drumsticks.
- Grab a big bowl and add red paprika, black pepper, oregano, basil and chili pepper. Mix the herbs together.
- Add the chicken drumsticks and toss well.
- Then squeeze lemon juice on top of the chicken and add sunflower oil. Toss again.
- Cover the bowl with a wrap and put in the fridge overnight or for at least three hours.
- When done, bake the chicken on a heated grill stove.
- Serve the chicken with grilled vegetables, tomatoes and lemon.
- Don’t forget about the tomato sauce!
These look so yummy – super excited to try both recipes!